Re: WSDL Import/Include Locations

Gudge,

I looked at the spec and the schema and I couldn't see where we prohit two
or more <import>'s that have the same namespace attribute.

Also, in the case of diamond inheritance, you will end up indirectly
importing the same WSDL into the component model twice. We allowed this by
saying if a component is defined twice or more then the definitions must
be equivalent.

I have been looking at imports and includes in the spec and I think we
need to clarilfy the situation. If a WSDL directly references a component
from another namespace, then that namespace MUST be declared in a top
level import, whereas any components that are directly or indirectly
included or imported do become part of the component model. The component
model "forgets" where they come from, yet we do care about where they come
from by requiring top-level imports. We seem to have two levels at which
we discuss correctness, namely at the document level (where we have
imports and includes) and at the component model level (after imports and
includes are resolved). This is analogous to PSVI. We seem to have the
notion of a Pre and Post Import/Include Processing Component Model.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: 905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: 905-413-2411, TL 969-2411