	From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Umit Yalcinalp
	Sent: 18 February 2004 20:04
	To: Arthur Ryman
	Cc: WS-Description WG
	Subject: Re: WSDL Import/Include Locations

	Arthur Ryman wrote:

		Gudge,

		I think we need to specify that it is an error to import
or include two inequivalent definitions of the same component. A
processor should therefore not non-deterministically ignore imports
since that will lead to noninteroperability, i.e. one vendor may ignore
an incompatible definition while another raises it as an error.

		In general, I think we need to tradeoff flexibility in
favour of interoperability, which means that we need to specify behavoir
more tightly.

	+1.

		Arthur Ryman,
		Rational Desktop Tools Development

		phone: 905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
		assistant: 905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
		fax: 905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
		intranet: http://w3.torolab.ibm.com/DEAB/

		www-ws-desc-request@w3.org wrote on 02/18/2004 09:53:37
AM:

		> I would expect a schema processor to deal with
multiple imports of the
		> same namespace, perhaps by ignoring all but the first
that resolves to a
		> set of schema components.
		>
		> Given that the spec does not rule out multiple import
elements with the
		> same value for their namespace attribute I would
expect a WSDL processor

	--
	Umit Yalcinalp
	Consulting Member of Technical Staff