Re: Issue: should WSDL be able to describe an operation with *anything* in the message?

Arthur, whether or not a piece of plumbing is a web service (and vice
versa), that's a different hairy discussion. Let's assume a
content-based router is, in fact, viewed as a service.

What's useful about a service description with a single operation that
accepts anything (and if it has a product, it can be anything again)?
One probably won't necessarily compile this into a proxy class because
that is easily superseded by dynamic invocation libraries.

But when invoking such a service (sending it a message), one wants to
get the actual address and binding information from somewhere, and WSDL
is traditionally used for this task. In fact, the tooling should be able
to handle operations with anything at all in the body quite nicely,
especially if we accept the likes of Umit's proposal on carrying
operation identification with messages.

What do you think?

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Systinet Corporation