W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > February 2004

Minutes, 22 January 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:22:46 -0800
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA2029327FB@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: "WS Description List" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Attendence:
 Erik Ackerman          Lexmark
 David Booth            W3C
 Allen Brookes          Rogue Wave Software
 Roberto Chinnici       Sun Microsystems
 Paul Downey            British Telecommunications
 Youenn Fablet          Canon
 Tom Jordahl            Macromedia
 Jacek Kopecky          Systinet
 Philippe Le Hégaret    W3C
 Amelia Lewis           TIBCO
 Kevin Canyang Liu      SAP
 Lily Liu               webMethods
 Jonathan Marsh         Chair (Microsoft)
 Ingo Melzer            DaimlerChrysler
 Jeff Mischkinsky       Oracle
 Dale Moberg            Cyclone Commerce
 Jean-Jacques Moreau    Canon
 David Orchard          BEA Systems
 Bijan Parsia           University of Maryland MIND Lab
 Arthur Ryman           IBM
 Adi Sakala             IONA Technologies
 Igor Sedukhin          Computer Associates
 Jerry Thrasher         Lexmark
 William Vambenepe      Hewlett-Packard
 Umit Yalcinalp         Oracle
 Prasad Yendluri        webMethods, Inc.

Regrets:
 Glen Daniels           Sonic Software 
 Dietmar Gaertner       Software AG 
 Jeffrey Schlimmer      Microsoft

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe: Erik Ackerman

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Jan 15th telcon [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0051.html

APPROVED

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
PENDING   2003-09-18: Marsh to review the QA operational
                      guidelines.
PENDING   2003-10-09: Bijan to look into message extensibility 
                      Issues (Appendix E, Jacek's review) wrt RDF data, 
                      and discuss with Jacek.
DONE [.4] 2003-11-03: Umit (with help of Glen) will write up a proposal 
                      for normative dispatching feature.
PENDING   2003-11-04: Glen to write up rationale for removing headers 
                      (and?) proposal for a generic header-adding
                      property/feature.
PENDING   2003-01-08: Pauld to write up examples of schemas for the
                      Primer.
DONE [.2] 2003-01-08: JacekK to formulate concrete proposal to remove 
                      style attribute and handle RPC hints using normal 
                      extensibility.
DONE [.3] 2003-01-15: Pauld to revise abstract faults proposal and submit 
                      to list.
PENDING   2003-01-15: Sanjiva to sketch out changes to abstract model
                      resulting from abstract faults proposal.
DONE [.5] 2003-01-15: Philippe to work up a more formal proposal for 
                      the HTTP binding.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0054.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0064.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0082.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0084.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Upcoming FTFs
     - January 26-30, Bedford, MA (Sonic) [.1]
       WSArch 26-29(noon)
       WSDesc 28(noon)-30
       First Draft Agenda [.2] (please review)

Reviewed FTF agenda in detail, considered modifications.

     - March 3-4, Cannes-Mandelieu, France [.3]
       Joint session with the TAG?

Noted.

  b. Web Architecture Document [.4, .5] review:
       Volunteers so far: Jacek, Bijan, Jonathan

Ongoing.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2003/12/ws-desc-charter
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0067.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2003/08/allgroupoverview.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0029.html
[.5] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-webarch-20031209/

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - Header/Body style proposal (Yaron) [.2].
  - Simplified Syntax Propoasl (Yaron) [.3].

Noted.

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/ysgl
  (redirects to http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html)
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0069.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0071.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue 32: Support for SOAP 1.1 [.1].
  - Omitting from FTF agenda.

General support for this.  We discussed how best to accomplish this, as it really is a charter question for the AC to decide.  DaveO will send a sample of his AC comments to the list, other may choose to echo them.  The AC and the team will tell us whether we should take on this deliverable.  

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/ysgl#x32

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue X: Versioning.
  - Use cases (DavidO) [.1]
  - Requirements (PaulD) [.2]

Some discussion, to be continued at the FTF.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0070.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jan/0076.html
Received on Thursday, 12 February 2004 15:22:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 5 February 2014 07:15:02 UTC