RE: Version attribute for WSDL

I'm interested in the version attribute for identifying versions within
"compatible" definitions.  I would like to have our spec say explicitly
that.  I am strongly strongly opposed to using a version attribute for
identifying different incompatible versions.  That's what namespaces and
URIs are for.

Some off-the-cuff suggestions for the wording:

"The version attribute identifies a particular version of the definitions,
that is compatible with all other versions with the same targetnamespace.
It SHOULD not be used to identify incompatible definition versions."

Cheers,
Dave