RE: "Bulk load" get/set

From: Jim Webber <jim.webber@arjuna.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:12:55 +0100
To: "'Bijan Parsia'" <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>, "'Tom Jordahl'" <tomj@macromedia.com>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Bijan:

> I find myself agreeing with Tom (in spite of his liking of
> *Underworld*
> :)), but then, I've been easily swayed on this topic. I wonder if the
> folks who find "operation" too suggestive of objectness find
> attributes
> similarly misleading.

I have always disliked attributes since they do not fit into my "services
are entities which exchnage messages" view of the world. In fact I like
attributes farless than I like operation, since at least operation is just a
label for an exchange of messages, whereas attributes introduce something
which fundamentally does not fit here.

Jim

PS - Underworld is ok, I've sat through worse. Though I hear Savas liked it
too :-)