Re: On WSDL "operation"

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:18:24 -0400
Cc: "'WS Description List'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
To: "Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>

On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 09:39  AM, Champion, Mike wrote:

> [...]

In DAML-S, the thing roughly corresponding to a WSDL operation is
modeled as an AtomicProcess. Hmm. I'm not sure that's quite right, but
I suppose the idea is clear enough.

The slightly different perspectives seem to revolve around whether you
are primarily concerned with the *form* of the interaction (i.e.,
message exhange) or the *thing* interacted with (the process), with the
latter being mostly concerned with the *accomplishment*/invocation/what
have you.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.