W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > September 2003

Agenda, 11 September 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:22:02 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA201102FB7@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Sep/0016.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Sandeep Kumar, (fallbacks: Dietmar Gaertner, 
      Kevin Liu, Roberto Chinnici, Umit Yalcinalp, 
      Jeff Mischkinsky, Sanjiva Weerawarana, Youenn Fablet, 
      William Vambenepe)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Sept 4th telcon [.1].  Belated regrets from Bijan.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0018.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-03-13: Don will write a proposal for annotating schema
                      with part information.
?         2003-05-13: DaveO to send a motivating example for R131.
?         2003-07-31: Philippe to make a proposal for fixing the 
                      HTTP binding.
?         2003-09-04: David Booth to put the link to WSDL validator 
                      on the same place where other tools are listed.
DONE [.2] 2003-09-04: Amy to propose a list of suggested replacement 
                      names for @name on the list.
?         2003-09-04: Jacek to review Appendix E in light of message
                      removal.
DONE [.3] 2003-09-04: Editors to add new issue "Should we define a 
                      new binding element for @soapActionURI?"

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0010.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0021.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Sept FTF logistics [.1]. Draft agenda due any time now!
  b. Upcoming FTFs
     - November 3-5, San Francisco (Fujitsu)
     - January, Toronto or Boston
     - March, March 1-2 or 4-5, Cannes-Mandelieu, France.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/arch/3/07/f2fSeptLogistics.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Properties and Features (dormant)
 b. Patterns
 c. Attributes: note some negative positions [.1]. Please continue
discussion in preparation for FTF!
 d. QA & Testing

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0023.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
    - rename "operation" to "messages" or "message-group"? [.2, .3]
    - (ed?) import/include extensible? [.4]
    - (ed?) make REQUIRED AIIs explicit? [.4]
    - Redundant direction info in the model? [.5]

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy
     (Note that [.1] redirects to
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html)
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0019.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0024.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0030.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0045.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Patterns.  New draft [.1]
  - Issue 77: Is the "name" the correct [local name] for
              interface/operation/input/@name? [.2]
    Straw poll on summarized preferences from Amy [.3]
    - messageName
    - messageReference
    - messageRef (Glen)
    
[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12-patterns.
xml
[.2] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy#x77
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0038.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Binding enhancements.  New draft [.1, .2]
  - Change @name from NCName to QName - not implemented?

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.xml#Bindi
ng
[.2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.xml#Endpo
int

--------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Naming the service resource [.1, .2]
  - Latest discussion [.3, .4]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0008.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0107.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0145.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0148.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 64 [.1] Operations an HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]
    Jacek's synthesis [.5]

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy#x64
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0095.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
  - Arthur's proposal to unify property URIs and QName URIs. [.2]
    Alternatives include using property markup, or a QNamed 
    attribute.
  - Proposal for advertising QoS features of a Web service in WSDL [.3].

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy#x2
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0047.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0020.html

====================================================================
12. Moving MIME Type Information to the Interface [.1]
    Awaiting proposal from Philippe.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0028.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Using RDF in WSDL [.1].
    Dependent upon RDF mapping first draft.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0076.html
Received on Wednesday, 10 September 2003 16:23:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:26 GMT