Re: RPC Style Issues (3)

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 00:43:00 +0600
To: "'WS Description List'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Hi Tom,

> Since the whole RPC thing is a hint, can't we make the hint more useful to
> the languages (C/C++/Java etc.) that will need to decide if it's a return
> value or an output parameter?  If your WSDL2XXX doesn't need to know, it
can
> just ignore the attribute.

Yes, of course it can. However, customers will expect tooling
to support the stuff in WSDL. So just ignoring is not an
option .. of course you know this .. sorry to preach.

AFAIK WSDL 1.1 didn't have this kind of functionality. There are
other language supporting features one could add to WSDL - where
do we draw the line? Lisp has a multi-return concept - do we
want to allow multiple return values to be indicated?