RE: What does WSDL describe?

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:25:38 +0100
To: <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Cc: <jim.webber@arjuna.com>, <distobj@acm.org>

Savas Parastatidis wrote:

> I don't think that a WSDL document says anything about the semantics of
the message exchanges or the semantics of the message contents.

OK WSDL doesn't /formally/ specify semantics, but well thought out names such as 'ISBN', ZipCode', 'getAccountDetailsByCustomerId' can be used to impart a lot of meaning to a human operator.

Telling people they're not to take any meaning from names used in WSDL would seem a bit restrictive to me.

--
Paul Sumner Downey
Web Services Integration