RE: What does WSDL describe?

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:35:46 +0100
To: <distobj@acm.org>, <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>, <jim.webber@arjuna.com>

Mark Baker wrote:
> And when you combine that with the issue Umit is talking about, it's even more ambiguous, as it could mean something else entirely because the operation may not be in the message. i.e. it could mean the same as "add(12345)", though only "12345" is on the wire.  Yikes!

Double Yikes if the word 'add' is lost on the wire, but ..

I think WSDL should remain flexible enough for me to be able to take the existing message exchange '<add>12345</add>' and present that as an operation called 'incrementTotalCallSeconds' without impacting the actual messages exchanged.

--
Paul Sumner Downey
Web Services Integration