W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > May 2003

Agenda, 29 May 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:46:53 -0700
Message-ID: <1113DDB24D4A2841951BFDF86665EE1906581A52@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Oops, type-ahead goof sent it to the arch list instead...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Marsh 
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 12:23 PM
To: 'www-ws-arch@w3.org'
Subject: Agenda, 29 May 2003 WS Desc telcon

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003May/0058.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Erik Ackerman (fallbacks: Stephen White, Lily Liu, Ingo Melzer, 
      Don Mullen, Adi Sakala, Steve Lind, Igor Sedukhin,
      Martin Gudgin, Sandeep Kumar, Dale Moberg)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - May 8 telcon [.1]; belated regrets from Glen.
  - May 12-14 FTF minutes [.2, .3, .4] and Summary [.5]
  - May 22 telcon [.6]; belated regrets from Youenn; missing action
    item from Jacek [.7] added to AI list below; RESOLUTION: rename
    @resource to @targetResource [.8], clarify meaning of the absence
    of @targetResource [.9].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0037.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0042.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0051.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0052.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0053.html
[.6]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/att-0066/minutes
-22-May-2003.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003May/0041.html
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003May/0046.html
[.9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003May/0048.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
RETIRED   2003-03-04: Editors to discuss markup for testable assertions
                      in the spec and come back with a strategy.
?         2003-03-13: Don will write a proposal for annotating schema
                      with part information.
?         2003-03-27: Philippe write up a proposal for embedding binary
                      data types in schema
DONE [.2] 2003-05-01: Jonathan to summarize WS Desc interest for XML 
                      Schema subset to XML Schema WG.
DONE [.4] 2003-05-12: Editors to add (non-normative) pseudo-syntax 
                      description of each component.
PENDING   2003-05-12: Jonathan to work on auto generating pseudo-syntax 
                      from schema.
DONE [.4] 2003-05-12: Editors add more context to the specification - 
                      provide more descriptive wording to make it 
                      easier for someone to read the specification 
                      and to relate to Web services etc. before 
                      jumping into component-by-component
                      descriptions.
DONE [.3] 2003-05-12: Jonathan to take the above points to the XMLP/CG 
                      worlds and see what to do next.
DONE [.4] 2003-05-12: Editors to reflect decision to have one interface
                      per <service>, add new attribute "interface" to
                      <service>, and add "resource" attribute to 
                      <service>.
?         2003-05-13: Umit to write up a variant of the endpoint
                      description proposal using schema annotation 
                      syntax.
?         2003-05-13: DaveO to send a motivating example for R131.
?         2003-05-13: Jeffsch, Sanjiva, Glen, Umit, JJM to come up with
                      a proposal to get rid with the message construct,
                      and add programming hints.
?         2003-05-14: Kevin to contact Sanjiva and try to merge 
                      proposals.
?         2003-05-22: Jacek to see how test assertions could be
                      expressed in RDF (and OWL in particular).

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-cg/2003May/0011.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-protocol-wg/2003May/0063.htm
l
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003May/0051.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. July FTF [.1], RSVP for Wed dinner [.4].
  b. Publishing date.  I'll ask the editors for their estimate on the
     date new WDs incorporating changes up to the FTF will be available 
     for WG review.
  c. XMLP request for WSDL WG to develop WSDL 1.1 binding for SOAP 1.2
     [.2].  SOAPBuilders proposal [.3].
  d. OASIS-W3C Web Services technical plenary feedback [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/3/05/f2fJulyLogistics.htm
[.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-protocol-wg/2003May/0064.htm
l
[.3] http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soapbuilders/message/7431
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003May/0049.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003May/0057.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Properties and Features
 b. Patterns
 c. Attribues [.1]
 d. QA & Testing

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003May/0030.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - Typos in Part 1 (Jacek) [.2]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0074.html
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Using RDF in WSDL [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0076.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Proposal: rationalization of faults in patterns [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0085.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Simplification for HTTP binding for WSDL 1.2 [.1].
    Mark Baker notices a dependency upon issue #64 [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0063.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0065.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 6e: No matching part [.1].
    Jeffrey's proposal at [.2]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
x6e
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0067.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 71: Optional message content in http:urlReplacement [.1]
   
[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
x71
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0068.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
  - Arthur's proposal to unify property URIs and QName URIs. [.2]
    Alternatives include using property markup, or a QNamed 
    attribute.
  - Proposal for advertising QoS features of a Web service in WSDL [.3].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0047.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0020.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. R085 Describing endpoint references.  [.1]
  - General agreement to add such capability to WSDL, but
    not agreement on the precise form of the annotations and
    where in the WSDL they should reside. Awaiting proposal 
    from Umit.
  - Related issue (?) dynamic discovery of a service [.2].

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/att-0088/R085-20
03-04-22.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0004.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Binding enhancements
    Sanjiva proposes [.1] to:
      1) Drop @interface from binding, since now in service. 
      2) Allow inlining interface-wide binding within a port and 
         making binding optional. 
      3) Define default binding (SOAP doc/lit).  
      4) Dealing with operation specific SOAPActions.
    Kevin proposes to [.2]:
      1) Allow reuse of parts of bindings through a BindingDetails
         element and corresponding references.
    Waiting for Kevin and Sanjiva to consolidate the proposals.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0046.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0068.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Removing message.
    Investigating idea to cleanly separate interop at the message 
    format level from interop at the programming model level. Awaiting
    proposal from Jeffsch et. al. to get rid with the message 
    construct, and add programming hints.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Moving MIME Type Information to the Interface [.1]
    Awaiting proposal from Philippe.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0028.html 
Received on Wednesday, 28 May 2003 18:47:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:24 GMT