W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > May 2003

Agenda, 22 May 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:46:47 -0700
Message-ID: <1113DDB24D4A2841951BFDF86665EE1906475F5D@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003May/0029.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Erik Ackerman (fallbacks: Stephen White, Lily Liu, Ingo Melzer, 
      Tom Jordahl, Don Mullen, Adi Sakala, Steve Lind, Igor Sedukhin,
      Martin Gudgin, Sandeep Kumar, Dale Moberg)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes of May 8 telcon [.1]; belated regrets from Glen.

    May 12-14 FTF minutes [.2, .3, .4] and Summary [.5]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0037.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0042.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0051.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0052.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0053.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
RETIRE?   2003-01-21: Roberto and gudge to create a branch and work up
                      a binding proposal based on referencing type
                      systems directly from operation components.
                      (Umit's example, Sanjiva's example, WSDL 1.1
                      example, and others.)
?         2003-03-04: Editors to discuss markup for testable assertions
                      in the spec and come back with a strategy.
RETIRE?   2003-03-04: Jonathan to recruit a QA contact for the WG.
RETIRE?   2003-03-04: Jonathan to recruit a test contact for the WG.
RETIRE?   2003-03-13: Editors will find part 2 issues to dispatch
                      easily next telcon.
?         2003-03-13: Don will write a proposal for annotating schema
                      with part information.
?         2003-03-27: Philippe write up a proposal for embedding binary
                      data types in schema
DONE [.2] 2003-04-10: Sanjiva to rewrite his proposal on bindings.
?         2003-05-01: Marsh to summarize WS Desc interest for XML Schema
                      subset to XML Schema WG
?         2003-05-12: Editors to add (non-normative) pseudo-syntax 
                      description of each component.
?         2003-05-12: Jonathan to work on auto generating pseudo-syntax 
                      from schema.
?         2003-05-12: Editors add more context to the specification - 
                      provide more descriptive wording to make it 
                      easier for someone to read the specification 
                      and to relate to Web services etc. before 
                      jumping into component-by-component
                      descriptions.
?         2003-05-12: Jonathan to take the above points to the XMLP/CG 
                      worlds and see what to do next.
DONE [.3] 2003-05-12: Glen to talk to SOAPBuilders about how to move 
                      forward on the SOAP 1.2 binding for WSDL 1.1.
?         2003-05-12: Editors to reflect decision to have one interface
per
                      <service>, add new attribute "interface" to
<service>,
                      and add "resource" attribute to <service>.
?         2003-05-13: Umit to write up a variant of the endpoint
description
                      proposal using schema annotation syntax.
?         2003-05-13: DaveO to send a motivating example for R131.</li>
?         2003-05-13: Jeffsch, Sanjiva, Glen, Umit, JJM to come up with
                      a proposal to get rid with the message construct,
                      and add programming hints.
DONE [.4] 2003-05-14: Arthur to write up the alternative/WebDAV syntax
                      for features.
DONE [.2] 2003-05-14: Sanjiva to send presentation by email to start
                      discussion.
?         2003-05-14: Kevin to contact Sanjiva and try to merge 
                      proposals.
?         2003-05-14: Editors to incorporate HTTP binding proposal into 
                      the spec.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0046.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003May/0027.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0047.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. July FTF [.1]
  b. Publishing date.  I'll ask the editors for their estimate on the
     date new WDs incorporating changes up to the FTF will be available 
     for WG review.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/3/05/f2fJulyLogistics.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Properties and Features
 b. Patterns [.1]
 c. ServiceData
 c. QA & Testing

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0041.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - none

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html 

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Proposal for restricting a service to a single interface [.1]. 
    Was adopted at the FTF.  Arthur suggests renaming the "resource"
    attribute to "targetResource" to avoid confusion [.2].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0069.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0048.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
  - Arthur's proposal to unify property URIs and QName URIs. [.2]
    Alternatives include using property markup, or a QNamed 
    attribute.
  - Proposal for advertising QoS features of a Web service in WSDL [.3].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0047.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0020.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  R085 Describing endpoint references.  [.1]
  - General agreement to add such capability to WSDL, but
    not agreement on the precise form of the annotations and
    where in the WSDL they should reside. Awaiting proposal 
    from Umit.
  - Related issue (?) dynamic discovery of a service [.2].

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/att-0088/R085-20
03-04-22.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0004.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Binding enhancements
    Sanjiva proposes [.1] to:
      1) Drop @interface from binding, since now in service. 
      2) Allow inlining interface-wide binding within a port and 
         making binding optional. 
      3) Define default binding (SOAP doc/lit).  
      4) Dealing with operation specific SOAPActions.
    Kevin proposes to [.2]:
      1) Allow reuse of parts of bindings through a BindingDetails
         element and corresponding references.
    Waiting for Kevin and Sanjiva to consolidate the proposals.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0046.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0068.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Removing message.
    Investigating idea to cleanly separate interop at the message 
    format level from interop at the programming model level. Awaiting
    proposal from Jeffsch et. al. to get rid with the message construct,

    and add programming hints.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Moving MIME Type Information to the Interface [.1]
    Awaiting proposal from Philippe.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0028.html 
Received on Wednesday, 21 May 2003 14:56:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:24 GMT