RE: Proposal for advertising QoS features of a Web service in WSDL

From: Jim Webber <jim.webber@arjuna.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 16:46:00 +0100
To: "'Munter, Joel D'" <joel.d.munter@intel.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Cc: "'Savas Parastatidis'" <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>

Hi Joel,

> This is a neat and simple idea.  From an editorial nature,
> you may have left an inadvertent wstx:transactional on page 2
> (in the description following the XML example).  It looks as
> though you replaced all of these with wstx:supports.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I have to say we were proposing more a
general concept than a finished polished item, so there may be more of
these.

> Why do you refer to security as a non-functional requirement?

Because when I want to do something, say buy a CD, that is the functionality
that I am interested in. The fact that I am doing it in a secure way, and
perhaps that a transaction is running between the CD seller service, myself,
and the credit card service is all non-functional - it's orthogonal to the
business logic.

Jim