Proposal for advertising QoS features of a Web service in WSDL

From: Jim Webber <jim.webber@arjuna.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 16:01:08 +0100
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Cc: "'Savas Parastatidis'" <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Hello everyone,

This is out-of-the-blue I know, but Savas Parastatidis and I have been
kicking round a few ideas as to how we might expose certain non-functional
requirement capabilities (like security or transactions) for a Web service.

That said, we have created a (lightweight) framework to allow a service to
advertise various non-functional aspects which we think might be useful for
inclusion in WSDL 1.2.

Jim
--
Dr. Jim Webber