W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > July 2003

Agenda, 24 July 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:20:02 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA2818D12@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jul/0032.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Don Mullen (fallbacks: Sandeep Kumar, Prasad Yendluri, 
      Dietmar Gaertner, Jerry Thrasher, Allen Brooks, Glen Daniels,
      Kevin Liu, Amy Lewis, Arthur Ryman, David Booth,
      Roberto Chinnici, Jeffrey Schlimmer, Umit Yalcinalp)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - July 17 telcon [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0121.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-03-13: Don will write a proposal for annotating schema
                      with part information.
?         2003-03-27: Philippe write up a proposal for embedding binary
                      data types in schema
?         2003-05-13: DaveO to send a motivating example for R131.
DONE?[.3] 2003-05-13: Jeffsch, Sanjiva, Glen, Umit, JJM to come up with
                      a proposal to get rid with the message construct,
                      and add programming hints.
?         2003-07-17: DBooth to create/link logistics page for Sept F2F.
DONE [.2] 2003-07-17: DBooth to reply to Anne Manes asking what would 
                      be the diff between her proposed service URI and 
                      the service QName.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0107.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0114.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. July FTF draft agenda review [.2].  Do we have bridge details?
  b. Sept FTF logistics [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/3/05/f2fJulyLogistics.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0131.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/arch/3/07/f2fSeptLogistics.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Properties and Features (dormant)
 b. Patterns
 c. Attributes
 d. QA & Testing

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - none

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Open content model - ##other or ##targetNamespace [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0105.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Naming the service resource [.1, .2]
  - Anne's response [.3].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0008.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0107.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0134.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue 64 [.1] Operations an HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]
    Jacek's synthesis [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x64 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0095.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Binding enhancements
    Sanjiva proposes [.1] to:
      1) Drop @interface from binding, since now in service. 
      2) Allow inlining interface-wide binding within a port and 
         making binding optional. 
      3) Define default binding (SOAP doc/lit).  
      4) Dealing with operation specific SOAPActions.
    Kevin proposes to [.2]:
      1) Allow reuse of parts of bindings through a BindingDetails
         element and corresponding references.
    Consolidated proposal [.3]
    Amy's feedback [.4]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0046.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0068.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0017.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0051.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Removing message.
    Investigating idea to cleanly separate interop at the message 
    format level from interop at the programming model level. Proposal
    from Sanjiva [.1].  Programming hints [.2, .3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0025.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0114.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0120.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. R085 Describing endpoint references.  [.1]
  - General agreement to add such capability to WSDL, but
    not agreement on the precise form of the annotations and
    where in the WSDL they should reside. Proposal 
    from Umit [.3], response from Arthur [.4].
  - Related issue (?) dynamic discovery of a service [.2].

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/att-0088/R085-20
03-04-22.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0004.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/att-0024/umit_pr
oposal.html__charset_ISO-8859-1
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0142.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
  - Arthur's proposal to unify property URIs and QName URIs. [.2]
    Alternatives include using property markup, or a QNamed 
    attribute.
  - Proposal for advertising QoS features of a Web service in WSDL [.3].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0047.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0020.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Moving MIME Type Information to the Interface [.1]
    Awaiting proposal from Philippe.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0028.html 

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Using RDF in WSDL [.1].
    Dependent upon RDF mapping first draft.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0076.html
Received on Tuesday, 22 July 2003 19:20:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:25 GMT