W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > January 2003

Agenda for 16 January 2003 WS Description WG

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:46:03 -0800
Message-ID: <330564469BFEC046B84E591EB3D4D59C0900CB1F@red-msg-08.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters. 

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jan/0000.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Steve Tuecke (fallbacks Sandeep Kumar, Sanjiva Weerawarana, 
      Steve Lind, Jeff Mischkinsky, Waqar Sadiq, Igor Sedukhin)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Welcome new members
      - Steven White of SeeBeyond
      - Umit Yalcinalp of Oracle replacing Joyce Yang

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Approval of minutes of Jan 9 telcon [.1]
- Is this one correctly marked as DONE?  "ACTION: 2002-11-12: Paco will
write two options for naming faults: schema vs WSDL."
- Was "ACTION: Gudge and Sanjiva to prepare in time for the f2f a draft
of the abstract model for interactions" replaced by "ACTION: Sanjiva to
write an email to describe the two proposals for the syntax and their
mapping to the abstract model" ?
- Dietmar sent belated regrets.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0009.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2002-11-12: Paco will write two options for naming faults: 
                      schema vs WSDL.
?         2002-11-12: Roberto will try and come up with another proposal
                      for eliminating message, the discussion goes to 
                      email or the next f2f.
?         2002-11-21: Don Mullen to detail changes/addition necessary to
                      unify SOAP and WSDL MEPs.
?         2002-11-21: Jonathan to refer R120 text to TAG, referencing
                      TAG issue fragmentinXML-28, when that text
                      appears in the draft.
?         2002-12-05: Glen to write up a description of the issues
                      surrounding property description in WSDL. (This 
                      action replaces Glen's previous action item.) 
PENDING   2002-12-19: Jonathan to find material proposing restricting
                      services to a single portType.
FAILED    2002-12-19: JM to find volunteers for writing MEP's for
                      input/output and output/input
?         2002-12-19: Jacek to write up text on SOAP response MEP after 
                      Don send his proposal for requrest/response MEP
DONE [.2] 2003-01-09: Glen to email Jonathan to schedule F2F time to 
                      discuss property description issues.
?         2003-01-09: Editors to have a draft ready a week from
tomorrow.
?         2003-01-09: Gudge and sanjiva to prepare in time for the f2f a
                      draft of the abstract model for interactions.
DONE [.3] 2003-01-09: Sanjiva to write an email to describe the two
                      proposals for the syntax and their mapping to the 
                      abstract model.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jan/0019.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0005.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Administrivia
  a. Jan FTF First draft agenda [.1]
  b. Register for March FTF [.2]
  c. Jan 23rd telcon (immediately after FTF) cancelled.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0012.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jan/0003.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
6. Publication issues
  a. Status of new drafts?

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  a. Jacek's comments about Schema NUNs [.1]?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0007.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
7.  Proposal: MEP support in operations [.1].  Sanjiva's latest proposal
[.2].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0085.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0005.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
8.  Output operations.
      Dependent upon MEPs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
9.  Properties and features.
      Glen's slice [.1].  Amy's revised proposal [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0004.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0083.html 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Removing message.  Roberto's proposal at [.1].

Waiting revised proposal from Roberto.  Direction suggested by Dale [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0035.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0040.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. HTTP Binding Issues (6a, 41)
    Jeffrey recommends no change [.1].
    Sanjiva is mulling this over [.2].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0102.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0067.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. BindingType proposal from Kevin [.1].
      Awaiting further work on Part 2 AM.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 28: transport='uri' [.1]
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x28

--------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
    Jean-Jacques proposal at [.2].
    Jacek's addendum at [.3].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue 25: Interaction between W3C XML Schema and SOAP Data Model 
    Gudge's explains at [.1], Roberto's options at [.2].
    Waiting for more detail in ACM?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0186.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0071.html

- Jonathan
Received on Wednesday, 15 January 2003 13:46:34 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:22 GMT