Proposed renamings

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 26 Feb 2003 15:20:53 -0500
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

[I thought I sent these yesterday but don't see it in the archives, so
sending it again]

I've got an action item to start a proposal on renaming elements and/or
attributes in WSDL 1.2. This proposal is based on the latest WSDL 1.2
drafts and the requirements document. I'll keep track of sub-sequa=ente

- portType
 The requirements document has the following:
 Interface (AKA Port Type)
  [Definition: A logical grouping of operations. An Interface represents
  an abstract Web Service type, independent of transmission protocol and
  data format.]

In 2.4.2 XML Representation of Port Type Component:

 A [local name] of portType

 would read

 A [local name] of interface

-  EndPoint (AKA Port)
 The requirements document has the following:
 EndPoint (AKA Port)
  [Definition: An association between a fully-specified InterfaceBinding
  and a network address, specified by a URI [IETF RFC 2396], that may be
  used to communicate with an instance of a Web Service. An EndPoint
  indicates a specific location for accessing a Web Service using a
  specific protocol and data format.]

In 2.11.2 XML Representation of Port Component

 A [local name] of port
 would read

 A [local name] of endPoint

We may also do the following but, if we don't, I'll recommend changing
the glossary of our requirements document.

- binding
 The requirements document has the following:
  [Definition: An association between an Interface, a concrete protocol
  and/or a data format. An InterfaceBinding specifies the protocol
  and/or data format to be used in transmitting Messages defined by the
  associated Interface.]

In 2.7.2 XML Representation of Binding Component
In http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-wsdl12-20030124/#Binding_XMLRep

 A [local name] of binding
 would read

 A [local name] of interfaceBinding