RE: Proposed renamings

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Jacques Moreau [mailto:jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 3:58 AM
To: Philippe Le Hegaret
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: Re: Proposed renamings

Is there any keyword other than <interfaceBinding> that we could
use to help alleviate the confusion between a WSDL binding and a
SOAP binding?

A SOAP binding specifies how to (physically) transport a SOAP
message over an undertlying protocol. A WSDL binding specifies
how abstract messages are serialized and what protocol is used.
It does not in itself indicate how the messages are physically
transported. The terms are different, but complementary, and
apply to different layers. I have seen so much confusion between
the two, even on W3C mailing lists, that I would be keen to name
them differently.

Jean-Jacques.