W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > February 2003

Agenda for 20 February 2003 WS Description WG

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:17:42 -0800
Message-ID: <330564469BFEC046B84E591EB3D4D59C095AE6B9@red-msg-08.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters. 

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Feb/0025.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Jeff Mischkinsky (fallbacks Waqar Sadiq, Dietmar Gaertner, 
      Bill Stumbo, Prasad Yendluri, Dale Moberg, Amy Lewis, 
      Erik Ackerman, Steve White, Umit Yalcnalp, Steve Graham, 
      Steve Tuecke)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes of Feb 13 telcon [.1]

[.1] ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-01-21: Roberto and gudge to create a branch and work up
                      a binding proposal based on referencing type
                      systems directly from operation components.
                      (Umit's example, Sanjiva's example, WSDL 1.1
                      example, and others.)
?         2003-01-30: Jacek to write up text on SOAP response  MEP after
                      Gudge and Jeffrey send their proposal for
                      request/response MEP.
?         2003-02-13: Editors to fold in current operation naming 
                      proposal into main draft.
?         2003-02-13: Editors to close issue 6a and 41 and update the
                      documents as needed with improved wording.
?         2003-02-13: Editors to work with jmarsh to include boilerplate

                      for I18N.
?         2003-02-13: Editors close 6b and 6d.
?         2003-02-13: Arthur to propose improvements to the URL 
                      replacement mechanism.
?         2003-02-13: Philippe to re-do HTTP bindings to allow 
                      per-method operation names etc.  Arthur to
                      assist.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. March FTF [.1]: Some discrepancies in registration [.2].
  b. FTF agenda forthcoming.  Goals are to resolve ALL outstanding part
1
       issues and proposals:
     - issue eliminate message
     - issue fault name uniqueness
     - issue clarify type and element (need a proposal?)
     - properties and features proposal
     - context proposal 
     - anything else?
  c. Note: issue nonxml type systems was closed Nov 12 2002. Issues list
       needs updating.
  d. Republishing Part 1.  GGF would like an updated public draft on or
       before March 1st.
  e. Properties & Features Task Force 
  f. Usage Scenarios [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/10/allgroupoverview/ 
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2003/01/TPMar2003/regByGroup#WSD
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jan/0054.html
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
    none

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Context proposal from Sanjiva [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0063.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Fault naming.  Paco suggests eliminating fault names [.1].  Some
    support at [.2].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0045.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0047.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  HTTP Binding Issues (6a, 41, etc.)
    Big question: how much do we want to work on this [.1].
    Jeffrey's summary and recommendations (no change) [.2].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0025.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0102.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Removing message.  Umit's posting on the value of part as an
    abstract concept of WSDL [.1].  Sanjiva asks for more rationale
    as to why his proposal did not fly [.2], and suggests that
    inheritance and overloading go together [.3].  Roberto's original 
    proposal at [.4].  Direction suggested by Dale [.5]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0011.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0020.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0014.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0035.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0040.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
10. Properties and features.  Summary at [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0033.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. BindingType proposal from Kevin [.1].  Updated proposal at [.2].
    Do we still have "hard" dependencies?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0068.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 28: transport='uri' [.1]
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x28

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
    Jean-Jacques proposal at [.2].
    Jacek's addendum at [.3].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html

- Jonathan
Received on Wednesday, 19 February 2003 14:18:34 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:22 GMT