W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > April 2003

[Revised] Agenda, 1 May 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:15:43 -0700
Message-ID: <1113DDB24D4A2841951BFDF86665EE190609CB08@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

[added 5a on obsolete issues]

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Apr/0051.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Jeff Mischkinsky (fallbacks Umit Yalcinalp, Steve White,
      Erik Ackerman, Lily Liu, Tom Jordahl, Jean-Jacques Moreau, 
      Don Mullen, Adi Sakala, Steve Lind)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes of April 24 telcon [.1].

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/att-0097/minutes
_0424.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-01-21: Roberto and gudge to create a branch and work up
                      a binding proposal based on referencing type
                      systems directly from operation components.
                      (Umit's example, Sanjiva's example, WSDL 1.1
                      example, and others.)
?         2003-03-04: Editors to discuss markup for testable assertions
                      in the spec and come back with a strategy.
?         2003-03-04: Jonathan to recruit a QA contact for the WG.
?         2003-03-04: Jonathan to recruit a test contact for the WG.
?         2003-03-13: Editors will find part 2 issues to dispatch
                      easily next telcon.
?         2003-03-13: Don will write a proposal for annotating schema
                      with part information.
?         2003-03-27: Philippe write up a proposal for embedding bindary
                      data types in schema
?         2003-04-10: Sanjiva to rewrite his proposal on bindings.
?         2003-04-17: Gudge dig out MIME type related parts of Proposed
                      Addendum to SOAP with Attachments proposal (as 
                      sent to XMLP) and post to WSDesc Discussion list
?         2003-04-17: Sanjiva to take the lead on coordinating the 
                      meeting on bindings the day before the F2F
?         2003-04-24: Jonathan to get somebody from OWL to talk to 
                      the working group. 
?         2003-04-24: Jacek to look at OWL and report back to the 
                      working group.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. May FTF [.1] - look for first draft agenda this week.
     Probable joint session 1/2 day.
     Do we want to go till 5 on Wed?
  b. July FTF.  WHO has cancelled SARS warning - no plans to relocate.
  c. Sept FTF [.1]
  d. TF status
  e. OWL last call review [.3]
  f. Schema subset feedback [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2003/ws/desc/3/05/f2fMayLogistics.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Apr/0049.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-features/
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-cg/2003Apr/0010.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - Kevin: "recursive" interface inheritance [.2]
  - Arthur: R085, Relative URIs, and XML Base [.3]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0155.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0142.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5a.  Obsolete issues.  The editors suggest the following issues are
obsolete and request the WG blessing to close them:
  7 Example incorrectly uses xsd:binary
  9 Example misses "Soap"
 10 Example 3 element order bug
 11 Bug in grammar for <import>
 50 SOAP examples declare arrays using an old schema definition
 70 Error in HTTP GET/POST example

In addition, the following issues have been closed per the spec or ed
todo list, but not closed in the issues document:
  issue allow nonxml typesystems	Allow non-XML type systems?
  24 Real difference between literal vs. encoded?
  25 Unclear relationship between XML Schemas and SOAP data model
  13 Parameter Order missing from schema
  22 Specification not XML Infoset based
  16 Does a binding have to specify all the operations in a portType?
  20 Inconsistency in definition of soap:header' (contains 'part' or
'parts' attribute?)
  49 Inconsistency in "soap:header" specification
  51 Asymmetry between soap:body and soap:header

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Proposal for restricting a service to a single interface [.1]. Some
parts of the question:
  - What is the motivation for the proposal?  (Not clear from the
archive)
  - Should we make clear that a <service> represents a single
    entity (i.e. ultimate destination node in SOAP parlance)?
  - How do we indicate that ports within a service are alternatives?  
    Don't we already have this information through 
    port -> binding -> interface?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0069.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  R085 Describing endpoint references.  [.1]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/att-0088/R085-20
03-04-22.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Multiple endpoints with the same interface [.1]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0052.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
9. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
    Jean-Jacques proposal at [.2].
    Jacek's addendum at [.3].
    Proposal from Glen at [.4], fix from JJM at [.5].  Undecided on
      whether to allow WSDL 1.1 syntax, PnF syntax, or both.
    Waiting for guidelines from PnF TF.
    Alternate (?) proposal from JJM to allow arbitrary setting of HTTP
      Header fields [.6]
    Is "FnP for HTTP binding and SOAP HTTP binding" [.7] a friendly
      Amendment or an alternative proposal?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html 
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0010.html 
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0022.html 
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0028.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0025.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
10.  BindingType proposal from Kevin [.1].  Updated proposal at [.2].
    Sanjiva's alternative at [.3].
    Awaiting updated proposal from Sanjiva.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0068.html 
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/att-0117/01-bind
ings-2002-07-24.html 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issues 53-55 [.1]
  - Philippe's proposal for HTTP binding [.2].
  Generally accepted.  Philippe will continue to polish the proposal for
    discussion at the FTF, after which we expect to roll it into the
spec.

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
x53 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0068.html 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Moving MIME Type Information to the Interface [.1]
    Awaiting proposal from Philippe.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0028.html 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Removing message.  Umit's posting on the value of part as an
    abstract concept of WSDL [.1].  Sanjiva asks for more rationale
    as to why his proposal did not fly [.2], and suggests that
    inheritance and overloading go together [.3].  Roberto's original
    proposal at [.4].  Direction suggested by Dale [.5]

    Postponed until we have a little better idea of what our bindings
    will look like.  Gudge's responses [.6, .7] to Umit's examples [.8]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0011.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0020.html 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0014.html 
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0035.html 
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0040.html 
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0006.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0013.html 
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0005.html 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Patterns.
 a. Waiting on framing of the issue by the Patterns task force.
 b. Soliciting rationale for each pattern [.1]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0016.html 
Received on Wednesday, 30 April 2003 18:15:55 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:23 GMT