W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > April 2003

Agenda, 24 April 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:11:56 -0700
Message-ID: <1113DDB24D4A2841951BFDF86665EE1905E60F7C@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Apr/0034.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Jeff Mischkinsky (fallbacks Umit Yalcinalp, Steve White,
      Erik Ackerman, Lily Liu, Tom Jordahl, Jean-Jacques Moreau, 
      Don Mullen, Adi Sakala, Roberto Chinnici, Steve Lind)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes of April 17 telcon [.1].  Correction:
    Roberto was present, but not recorded in the attendance list.

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/att-0065/030417-
ws-desc-irc.htm 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-01-21: Roberto and gudge to create a branch and work up
                      a binding proposal based on referencing type
                      systems directly from operation components.
                      (Umit's example, Sanjiva's example, WSDL 1.1
                      example, and others.)
DONE [.2] 2003-02-27: Sanjiva to send summary of
                      one-portType-per-service issue.
?         2003-03-04: Editors to discuss markup for testable assertions
                      in the spec and come back with a strategy.
?         2003-03-04: Jonathan to recruit a QA contact for the WG.
?         2003-03-04: Jonathan to recruit a test contact for the WG.
?         2003-03-13: Editors will find part 2 issues to dispatch
                      easily next telcon.
?         2003-03-13: Don will write a proposal for annotating schema
                      with part information.
?         2003-03-27: Jonathan will follow-up with editors to figure
                      out how to improve the prose of the spec to be
                      aligned with schema.
?         2003-03-27: Philippe write up a proposal for embedding bindary
                      data types in schema
?         2003-04-03: Arthur to bring discussion to group in two weeks
                      (more or less) for solutions to R085
?         2003-04-03: Arthur to coordinate work on WSDL validator
?         2003-04-03: Editors to include normative schema language in
                      spec (conformance section?); schema to be
                      separate, in TR space.
DONE      2003-04-03: Jonathan to respond to OWL with "no plans to
                      review, no resources, little knowledge of
                      why requested".
?         2003-04-10: Sanjiva to rewrite his proposal on bindings.
?         2003-04-17: Gudge dig out MIME type related parts of Proposed
                      Addendum to SOAP with Attachments proposal (as 
                      sent to XMLP) and post to WSDesc Discussion list
DONE      2003-04-17: JMarsh to respond to XML Schema's request for
review
DONE [.3] 2003-04-17: Jacek to make a proposal for issue 28
?         2003-04-17: Sanjiva to take the lead on coordinating the 
                      meeting on bindings the day before the F2F
?         2003-04-17: Sanjiva, Philippe and Arthur to meet the day
before
                      the F2F to talk about bindings
?         2003-04-17: Youenn to see about getting a speaker phone for 
                      the F2F

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0069.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0064.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. May FTF [.1].
  b. Sept FTF (looking for West Coast host).
  c. Usage Scenarios [.3].  Jonathan's still pretending to track this.
  d. QA contact, test lead recruitment.
  e. TF status
  f. OWL last call review.  How about just the Feature summary? [.4]
  g. Publication heartbeat (next publication 3 June?)

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2003/ws/desc/3/05/f2fMayLogistics.htm
[.2]
http://cgi.w3.org/Register/selectUser.pl?_w3c_meetingName=WSAWG_WSDWG_20
0305 [.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jan/0054.html
[.4] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-features/

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - QoS out of scope? [.2]
  - Multiple endpoints with the same interface [.3]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0047.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0052.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Issue 28: transport='uri' [.1]
    Jacek's proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x28 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0064.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Proposal for restricting a service to a single interface [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0069.html 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
    Jean-Jacques proposal at [.2].
    Jacek's addendum at [.3].
    Proposal from Glen at [.4], fix from JJM at [.5].  Undecided on
      whether to allow WSDL 1.1 syntax, PnF syntax, or both.
    Waiting for guidelines from PnF TF.
    Alternate (?) proposal from JJM to allow arbitrary setting of HTTP
      Header fields [.6]
    Is "FnP for HTTP binding and SOAP HTTP binding" [.7] a friendly
      Amendment or an alternative proposal?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html 
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0010.html 
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0022.html 
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0028.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0025.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  BindingType proposal from Kevin [.1].  Updated proposal at [.2].
    Sanjiva's alternative at [.3].
    Awaiting updated proposal from Sanjiva.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0068.html 
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/att-0117/01-bind
ings-2002-07-24.html 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 6e [.1]
  - Arthur's proposal on URL replacement [.2].
    Plan to do the obvious cleanup suggested by Arthur, and fork the
      rest into an R085 solution.
    WS-Addressing [.3] as a partial (?) solution to R085?

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
x6e 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0059.html 
[.3] http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-add/

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issues 53-55 [.1]
  - Philippe's proposal for HTTP binding [.2].
  Generally accepted.  Philippe will continue to polish the proposal for
    discussion at the FTF, after which we expect to roll it into the
spec.

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
x53 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0068.html 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Moving MIME Type Information to the Interface [.1]
    Awaiting proposal from Philippe.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0028.html 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Removing message.  Umit's posting on the value of part as an
    abstract concept of WSDL [.1].  Sanjiva asks for more rationale
    as to why his proposal did not fly [.2], and suggests that
    inheritance and overloading go together [.3].  Roberto's original
    proposal at [.4].  Direction suggested by Dale [.5]

    Postponed until we have a little better idea of what our bindings
    will look like.  Gudge's responses [.6, .7] to Umit's examples [.8]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0011.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0020.html 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0014.html 
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0035.html 
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0040.html 
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0006.html \
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0013.html 
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0005.html 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Patterns.
 a. Waiting on framing of the issue by the Patterns task force.
 b. Soliciting rationale for each pattern [.1]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0016.html 
Received on Wednesday, 23 April 2003 16:12:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:23 GMT