RE: Multiple endpoints with the same interface

From: Jeffrey Schlimmer <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:17:40 -0700
To: "Kenneth Chiu" <chiuk@cs.indiana.edu>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

The WG explicitly decided to keep the status quo from WSDL 1.1. As you
note, you can work around this with multiple services.

Alternatively, you may be interested in the solution to R085 and/or
R131:

R085: The description language SHOULD allow describing Messages that
include references (URIs) to typed referents, both values and Services.
(From PP. Last discussed 11 April, 2002.)

R131: The WG SHOULD define components that may be used within Messages
to refer to other WSDL components. (From DO. See also R085 and R120.
Last discussed 6 Feb 2003.)

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/requirements/ws-desc-re
qs.html (ed copy)

A recent thread on this latter point begins at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/0035.html.

--Jeff

On