Property-based action syntax

From: Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:37:49 -0500
To: "'www-ws-desc@w3.org'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

WS-Desc'ers:

Per my somewhat long-standing action item to express a property-based representation of the SOAP 1.2 action parameter, here is a possible syntax:

<property uri="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap/features/action/action">
*action-uri-goes-here*
</property>

This can be placed anywhere the <property> element is allowed, although it makes the most sense inside a <soap:binding>.  Since the SOAP HTTP binding now uses the value of this property for the SOAP action parameter, this provides a way to set it in WSDL.  Clearly this would need to be turned into "spec-ese" and placed in the appropriate location in the spec.

NOTE : I don't actually see the features/properties stuff we agreed on at the last F2F in the working draft of the spec.  Editors?

--Glen