XSD vs. WSDL import

From: Don Box <dbox@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:23:23 -0700
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
If WSDL is going to define an element whose [local name], [children] and
[attributes] have a one to one correspondence to something defined in
XML Schema, it seems prudent to reuse the behavior as well (especially
since virtually all WSDL users are also XML Schema users). I worry about
having <wsdl:import> look and smell like <xsd:import> but to not work
the same way.

If the WG is going to go with a single element that subsumes most of
<xsd:include> and <xsd:import> functionality (except for WSDL), I would
prefer to see the WG coin a new element name (perhaps Sanjiva's
<wsdl:using> suggestion).

DB