W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > October 2002

Agenda for 24 Oct 2002 WS Description WG

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:37:23 -0700
Message-ID: <330564469BFEC046B84E591EB3D4D59C0836C6A7@red-msg-08.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Dial in information (members only) [0]:

[0] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2002Oct/0047.html

See the public WG page [1] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [2] for administrative matters. 

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.


1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Steve Tuecke (fallbacks Don Wright, Amelia Lewis, Glen Daniels,
Kevin Liu, Allen Brookes)

2.  Approval of minutes of Oct 17 telcon [3]

[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0093.html

3.  Review of Action items.
?        2002-09-09: Sanjiva to redo part 3.2 of his binding proposal.
?        2002-09-10: Sanjiva to produce a proposal for equivalence of 
                     (at least) top-level components in the next couple 
                     of weeks.
?        2002-09-10: Gudge; jeffsch; roberto et al to write proposal 
                     [to remove message and replace with complexType.] 
?        2002-09-10: Gudge to provide summary of using xml schema to 
                     wrap other type systems at an appropriate level 
                     of abstraction. Due by FTF.
?        2002-09-11: Jeffrey and Don define TCP binding.
?        2002-09-19: Joyce, Sandeep, Igor, Steve T, Sanjiva, Adi, 
                     Roberto, Amy to form a task force to prepare
                     presenation about adding pub/sub in a first 
                     class manner to WSDL 1.2. Due by FTF.
?        2002-09-19: Sanjiva to write a Java binding.
?        2002-10-10: Gudge to roll port type inheritance into the 
                     main branch, adding an issue that we need to 
                     resolve the name issue and also the issue for 
                     promoting operations to the top level.
?        2002-10-10: Gudge to prepare proposal for promoting operations.
                     [To be done by end of week.]
?        2002-10-10: Roberto to see how this might affect the feature
                     proposal. Glen to review this.
DONE [4] 2002-10-17: JeffSch to finish requirements document
DONE     2002-10-17: Jonathan to investigate the first item listed as 
                     "new issue" since the link in the agenda seems to 
                     be wrong.
DONE [5] 2002-10-17: Amy to get feedback regarding feature proposal to
?        2002-10-17: Gudge and A. Lewis to make a proposal for
                     xs:import and (apparently) xs:schema as "required"
                     extensibility elements.

[4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0087.html
[5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0104.html

4.  Administrivia
  a. Reminder: Daylight Savings Time ends Sunday in both Europe and the
  b. Pallavi Malu (Intel) has left the group.

5.   Requirements [6]
     No comments received yet from Arch or XForms.
     What status should this document have?


6.  New Issues
   a. Attempt to clarify schema language extensibility [7].  Jacek's
issue here was about clarifying the intent of WSDL 1.1 to allow
extension attributes to point to non-XML-Schema types.  The latest draft
defines the mapping of the {content reference} property as "The element
declaration resolved to by the value of the element attribute
information item if present, otherwise the type definition resolved to
by the value of the type attribute information item if present,
otherwise a similar construct in some type system as referred to by some
other attribute information item."  Does this suffice, or do we need to
record an additional issue?
   b. serviceType attribute on service element not defined in WSDL
SCHEMA [8].  Moot point, since serviceType has changed?
   c. extension attributes [9].  Do we need to better explain that
extension attributes cannot be "required"?
   d. Use substitution groups in the WSDL schema for extensions? [10]
   e. Process: do we need a dedicated issues editor?

[7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0040.html
[8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0107.html
[9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0077.html
[10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0089.html

7.  Importing Schema into WSDL [11]
    Review of the addition of wsdl:include from Sanjiva (deferred from
last time). 
    Disallow embedded schemas? Don's rationale at [12]

[11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0049.html
[12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0083.html

8.  Identification of a Service [13] / Arthur's [14] identification
proposal [15].

[13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2002Oct/0017.html
(members only)
[14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0084.html

9.  A slice at a proposal for SOAP features/properties in WSDL [20].
      Canon's change requests [21].  Amy's comments [22].

[20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0004.html
[21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0080.html
[22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0104.html

10. Rationale for dropping the <soap:body use=...> attribute [23]
     Proposal from Jacek on better describing the extensibility
mechanism to support other languages. [24]

[23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0054.html
[24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0040.html

11.  BindingType proposal from Kevin [25].
      Awaiting further work on Part 2 AM.

[25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html

12. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [26].
    Jean-Jacques proposal at [27].
    Jacek's addendum at [28].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[26] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
[27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html
[28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html

13. Issue 28: transport='uri' [29]
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[29] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x28

14. HTTP Binding Issues (6a, 41)
    Jeffrey recommends no change [30].
    Sanjiva is mulling this over [31].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0102.html
[31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0067.html

15. Issue 25: Interaction between W3C XML Schema and SOAP Data Model 
    Gudge's explains at [32], Roberto's options at [33].
    Waiting for more detail in ACM?

[32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0186.html
[33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0071.html

- Jonathan
Received on Wednesday, 23 October 2002 16:37:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:54:40 UTC