serviceType attribute on service element not defined in WSDL SCHEMA

From: Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:02:02 +0200
To: Web Services Description ML <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

The "serviceType" attribute of the "service" element isn't mentioned in
WSDL SCHEMA while WSDL specification mention it.

Quotings:

   Section 2.6:
    A service description component has a REQUIRED "serviceType"
    property which MUST be the qualified name of a serviceType
    description component.

   Section 3.7:
    The serviceType attribute allows one to indicate the serviceType of
    this service by referring to a previously defined serviceType.

In the WSDL SCHEMA the service element is definided having type
"tService":

  <xs:complexType name="tService" >
    <xs:complexContent>
      <xs:extension base="wsdl:tExtensibleDocumented" >
        <xs:sequence>
          <xs:element name="port" type="wsdl:tPort" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
        </xs:sequence>
        <xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:NCName" use="required" />
      </xs:extension>
    </xs:complexContent>
  </xs:complexType>

which doesn't mention any attribute named "serviceType".

Thus validating a WSDL document against this SCHEMA results in a
failure.

Is this a known bug?
Am I missing something?

TIA,