Re: WS-I

From: Jeff Mischkinsky <jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:43:24 -0800
To: "Stumbo, William K" <WStumbo@crt.xerox.com>, www-ws-desc@w3.org
Cc: "Stumbo, William K" <WStumbo@crt.xerox.com>
At 10:34 AM 3/14/02, Stumbo, William K wrote:
>I didn't detect any clear direction on WS-I coming out of today's telephone
>conference.  It seems we've currently tied any working relationship to the
>definition of our scope.
>
> From the comments made by those involved with WS-I (Arthur?), it seems to me
>that we can probably craft some sort of working relationship that benefits
>both parties.  Whether we need to formalize a relationship, I can't say.
>
>I'd like to suggest, as a way of making progress, that the WS-I members put
>a proposal for a relationship on the table.  We  can debate the merits of
>working together until we're blue in the face.  Lets focus the discussion
>around a specific proposal and see where that goes.

This is an excellent idea!! As a WS-I Board member I'm more than happt to
facilitate this course of action.

I'll take an action item to get the newly formed WS-I Board liaison
committee to talk about doing this as well.

cheers,
    jeff

--
Jeff Mischkinsky                    jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Consulting Member Technical Staff   +1(650)506-1975 (voice)