WS-I

From: Stumbo, William K <WStumbo@crt.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:34:05 -0500
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Cc: "Stumbo, William K" <WStumbo@crt.xerox.com>
I didn't detect any clear direction on WS-I coming out of today's telephone
conference.  It seems we've currently tied any working relationship to the
definition of our scope.

From the comments made by those involved with WS-I (Arthur?), it seems to me
that we can probably craft some sort of working relationship that benefits
both parties.  Whether we need to formalize a relationship, I can't say.

I'd like to suggest, as a way of making progress, that the WS-I members put
a proposal for a relationship on the table.  We  can debate the merits of
working together until we're blue in the face.  Lets focus the discussion
around a specific proposal and see where that goes.

What information could the WG expect from WS-I?  How should we expect to use
it?  What can we provide WS-I that would help their mission?

Bill Stumbo
Xerox Research & Technology
Solutions & Services Technology Center

wstumbo@crt.xerox.com