W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > December 2002

Agenda for 12 December 2002 WS Description WG

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:28:49 -0800
Message-ID: <330564469BFEC046B84E591EB3D4D59C08ABB7BD@red-msg-08.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Cc: "Francisco Curbera" <curbera@us.ibm.com>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters. 

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2002Dec/0013.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Steve Tuecke (fallbacks Sandeep Kumar, Sanjiva Weerawarana,
Roberto Chinnici, Steve Lind, Jeff Mischkinsky)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes of Dec 5 telcon [.1].
 a. Action items from 11-21 appear to have been lost.
    
[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0049.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2002-11-12: Paco will write two options for naming faults: 
                      schema vs WSDL.
?         2002-11-12: Roberto will try and come up with another proposal
                      for eliminating message, the discussion goes to 
                      email or the next f2f.
PENDING   2002-11-12: Marsh to contact the XMLP WG (and later the wider
                      public) speaking about the issues around removing 
                      the use attribute.
?         2002-11-12: Glen and Paco to chase the Global Grid Forum 
                      WRT services implementing a single portType.
?         2002-11-21: Don Mullen to detail changes/addition necessary to
                      unify SOAP and WSDL MEPs.
?         2002-11-21: Jonathan to refer R120 text to TAG, referencing
                      TAG issue fragmentinXML-28, when that text
                      appears in the draft.
?         2002-12-05: Arthur to propose an HTTP binding approach for 
                      output only 
?         2002-12-05: Glen to write up a description of the issues
                      surrounding property description in WSDL. (This 
                      action replaces Glen's previous action item.) 
DONE [.2] 2002-12-05: JMarsh to write up a proposed resolution for 
                      output-only ops and send it by email. 
?         2002-12-05: JeffS to see what would be needed to publish 
                      his TCP binding on output only as a Note. 
?         2002-12-05: Kevin to write up example use of output operation 
                      and send to list. 
DONE [.3] 2002-12-05: dbooth to put URL for current minutes on group 
                      page

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0047.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#agenda

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Jan FTF: book rooms early - no reserved block 
  b. FTFs in May and beyond.
  c. Future telcons.  Dec 26th cancelled for sure.  Any others?

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
5. Publication issues
     New drafts appear to be postponed.  New date?
  a. (w|W)eb (s|S)ervice [.1].  WS Arch has chosen a different answer
(Web service).  Do we sync up now or later?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0037.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
7.  Output operations.
      State of the debate [.1].  Youenn's thoughts [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0047.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0039.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
8.  Properties and features.
      Glen's slice [.1].  Amy's revised proposal [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0004.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0083.html 

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
9.  Proposal: MEP support in operations [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0085.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Removing message.  Roberto's proposal at [.1].

Waiting revised proposal from Roberto.  Direction suggested by Dale [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0035.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0040.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. HTTP Binding Issues (6a, 41)
    Jeffrey recommends no change [.1].
    Sanjiva is mulling this over [.2].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0102.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0067.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. BindingType proposal from Kevin [.1].
      Awaiting further work on Part 2 AM.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 28: transport='uri' [.1]
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x28

--------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
    Jean-Jacques proposal at [.2].
    Jacek's addendum at [.3].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue 25: Interaction between W3C XML Schema and SOAP Data Model 
    Gudge's explains at [.1], Roberto's options at [.2].
    Waiting for more detail in ACM?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0186.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0071.html

- Jonathan
Received on Tuesday, 10 December 2002 19:29:20 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:22 GMT