RE: REST wrap-up (was Re: Web Services Architecture Document

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:26:41 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mark Baker [mailto:distobj@acm.org]
> Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 12:51 PM
> To: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)
> Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
> Subject: Re: REST wrap-up (was Re: Web Services Architecture Document
>

> Any +1s to Roger?  Any other answers?

Sure, I definitely appreciate Roger's ability to get to the heart of the
matter.  But I think I answered you honestly and accurately, buried down in
my farewell speech: The case for basing a services architecture on REST
principles is not the consensus position in the industry, and does not have
enough documented technical evidence in its favor to warrant a radical
overthrow of the consensus.  The W3C Web Services activity has collectively
thrown a lot of bones to REST, and its now the RESTifarians' job to make
something other than dogfood from them :-)