Re: REST wrap-up (was Re: Web Services Architecture Document

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 00:03:49 -0500
To: Jim Webber <Jim.Webber@newcastle.ac.uk>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 04:29:48AM -0000, Jim Webber wrote:
> Mark:
>
> > Because an inbox has an interface.
>
> I am talking at the level below here.

I understand.  My point remains that all Internet scale systems I've
studied (including the ones I mentioned; email, Web, instant
messaging) get to be Internet scale by defining abstractions at the
level I'm talking about.  Can you name one that doesn't?  Do you think
that's a coincidence?  I don't.  Agreement on application abstractions
is what coordination languages are all about, and they go by that name
for a good reason 8-).

Mark.