RE: REST wrap-up (was Re: Web Services Architecture Document

From: Jim Webber <Jim.Webber@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 04:29:48 -0000
To: "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

Mark:

> Because an inbox has an interface.

I am talking at the level below here. Messages support "your
abstractions" but at "my level" they are "my abstractions." It comes
down to some of the stuff we've been discussing offline - your preferred
method is to couple interfaces and semantics in the infrastructure, mine
is to leave them to the application (where I believe they belong).

Jim