RE: Web Services specs

I think there's a few interesting pictures that could be done.  I've
proposed this before, but I'll do it again.

Diagram #1: generic diagram of functionality.  I still like the 3 stack
diagram
Diagram #2-n: functionality with specification names.  Each diagram is a
particular constellation.  For example, the BEA diagram shows specs like
WS-ReliableMessaging, WS-Security, WS-Transaction*, BPEL.  The Oracle
diagram shows WS-Reliability, WS-Security, WS-CAF, WS-Chor.

I think there is a potential problem in that it should show the specs that
people "believe" in.  For example, BEA is not an author of ws-security
policy yet we believe in it.  This has the problem of what defines
"believe"?  Does that mean: is a co-author?  Is a "supporter"?  has shipped
an implementation?  has announced an implementation?  has participated in
interop testing?  has assigned folks to a committee?

I think there are constellations and they should be diagrammed, but there is
a danger of having lots of small variations that cloud the picture..

Cheers,
Dave

http://www.ws-i.org/SampleApplications/SupplyChainManagement/2003-04/SCM