RE: Issues to think about in the MOM

Regarding the unclear cases 7 and 8:

7. WSDL-based extensions

The way I understand this case (again, I was not the author of the original list) is a WSDL (non-standard) extension that would describe routing information not expressed at the WSDL message level itself. The submitter would just look at that information and exploit whatever out-of-band mechanism is available (at any level of the transmission stack) to realize the described routing. I don't have any specific example of this, and in fact I think it was raised as a (in principle possible) speculation.

8. Using application-specific semantics

I think this is just the case where routing info is expressed at the level of the application payload (no SOAP feature/module involved).

Ugo