RE: WSA architectural concepts and relationsihips related to WS, SOA, and the Web

Obviously Ugo was more on the same wavelength than I.  Take my reactions
as a data point.

-----Original Message-----
From: Champion, Mike [mailto:Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 3:03 PM
To: Ugo Corda; Champion, Mike; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: WSA architectural concepts and relationsihips related to
WS, SOA, and the Web

Good point, I wrestled with that wording and i like yours better.  I
think the informal sense is that a SERVICE should look to the outside
world as if it were a discrete component, or at least a "good" service
is one that acts as if it were decoupled from the application that
physically implements it. So, I should be able to invoke someone's
"purchase order processing service" even if that is deeply imbedded in
an SAP system or whatever, without knowing about all the implementation
complexity.