RE: WSA architectural concepts and relationsihips related to WS, SOA, and the Web

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 12:58:41 -0700
To: "Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@softwareag-usa.com>, <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

> SERVICE -- A SERVICE IS-A  type of software AGENT that is a coarse-grained
> module  that performs some well-defined operation and does not depend on the
> context of a larger application.

Instead of "does not depend ..." I would say "whose invocation does not depend ...". The AGENT itself might very well depend internally on the context related to the invocation of other SERVICES (typical example: a BPEL process, which is offered externally as a Web service but depends internally on the invocation and coordination of a bunch of other Web services).

Ugo