RE: WSA architectural concepts and relationsihips related to WS, SOA , and the Web

In retrospect, that's probably more best practice for a useful service than
a definition of SERVICE.  A service (any sort) has got to do enough work to
justify the overhead of the remote invocation.  I'm happy to remove that.

> Well defined
> "operation" or "interface"?  Is there a meaningful
> distinction there and
> if so why did you use "operation"?

It is hard to define "service" without using the term "serve" or "service."
The best I can do is to say that a service *does* something; "performs an
operation"  sees like a better phrase than "does something" :-)

An interface specifies how one requests the service to perform that
operation / do something.  Is that a reasonable distinction?