RE: Privacy section - 1st draft

From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 12:04:53 -0500
To: michael.mahan@nokia.com, www-ws-arch@w3.org

It seems to me that this section should deal somehow with the issue of
individuals vs organizations.  Recall that in the P3P presentations we
got it was made clear that present implementations of P3P have to do
with information about individuals and the interaction between
individuals (people) and Web sites or Web services.  Although it is
possible to have people involved in the initiation and conceivably even
the resolution of Web services, it is also possible to have situations
where all parties involved are organizations.  That is, a company
initiates a purchasing Web service offered by another company.  Or, in
other words, the Legal Entity in our diagrams may be a person or an
organization.  I believe that the current P3P framework is not intended
to deal with issues involving organizations, and that these are
generally dealt with via contracts separate from the Web service
transaction itself.

I think that this needs to be exposed explicitly because the org-to-org
mode of operation may be much more common, or closer to the norm, than
it is in Web operations oriented toward browsers.