RE: Draft definition of WS

From: Brian Connell <brian@westglobal.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:42:53 +0100
To: "David Booth" <dbooth@w3.org>, <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

Hi,

I have an issue I would like to raise with the phrase 'machine-to-machine'.

> A Web service is a software system, designed to support
> machine-to-machine interaction over a network,

This implies that a Web service is not designed to be used if the software
systems are interacting on the same machine (even using the same processor).

Can I suggest that we remove the 'machine-to-machine' term altogether, or
that we further qualify the word 'interaction' in a way that includes
software systems on the same 'machine'.

Regards,

Brian Connell