RE: Draft definition of WS

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:01:26 -0600
To: Brian Connell <brian@westglobal.com>, David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

We use that phrase to emphasize that it is a "dumb machine" doing the
interacting with a web service rather than an "intelligent human."  Of
course, the "machine" is really a software program/agent.

I'd be inclined to just put a footnote or glossary entry explaining what we
mean rather than convoluting the prose ... but your point is well taken
about making sure that we clarify our intent!