From: michael.mahan@nokia.com [mailto:michael.mahan@nokia.com]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 9:57 AM
To: dbooth@w3.org; Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler); www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Draft definition of WS

This is pedantic, but I would like to edit the phrase:

'Other systems may interact with the Web service in a manner prescribed
by its description, ...'

Does it not logically follow then that other systems could interact in a
manner not prescribed by its description... Should this looseness be
part of the definition? I would narrow the meaning some:

'Other systems interact with the Web service in a manner prescribed by
its description, ...'

I am also unclear why we use the term 'Other systems'. If a WS consumer
is interacting with a WS provider, are they not part of the same
'system'. Could we say instead 'A remote processor'?

Thx.
MikeM