From: "Ugo Corda" <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
To: "Anne Thomas Manes" <anne@manes.net>; "Www-Ws-Arch@W3. Org"
<www-ws-arch@w3.org>; "Paul Denning" <pauld@mitre.org>
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 9:12 PM
Subject: RE: Fw: Naming a Web service resource

> > So let's look at Paul's example: What is the URI that repesents the UDDI
> > Business Registry (UBR)? The UBR is a Web service. It just so happens
that
> > there are four nodes in this Web service, but regardless which node you
> > access, you will always get the same response from any one of these four
> > nodes. So the four nodes do in fact represent a single Web service.
>
> The UBR example is interesting because the four nodes do not always
represent the same information, because of replication latency. So there are
some times (during a latency period) when the same request gets different
not fully expressed by the simple service URI.

> So I find Frank's approach more satisfying in that respect, because it
would allow me to describe this particular semantics in a way that cannot be
fully accounted for by the service URI.

> I suspect there are many Web services that might first look easily
describable via a service URI but, when examined more carefully, reveal
special application-specific semantics that cannot be adequately captured by
the concept of service URI.