Re: Fw: Naming a Web service resource

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:53:55 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

If I could just offer a data point that seems to have been overlooked in
the discussion so far ...

If one needs to associate two things, all that is needed is to associate
them via a common name.  It is *not* required that this name be an
identifier for anything in particular.

For example, if we had the following two documents;

<foo relation="900weir0w9irwaer"/>

<bar relation="900weir0w9irwaer"/>

Then, knowing that "relation" means "is associated with this value",
this provides the necessary information to relate those two documents
and/or what they represent.  Note that this is done without any
indication of what that string means, nor of what it might identify.

Mark.