Re: There is no spoon Neo

From: Francis McCabe <fgm@fla.fujitsu.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:37:19 -0700
Cc: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>
To: "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>

Identifying Web service with a single entrypoint is fine; except that
in the real world most people consider a Web service to denote a
related set of entrypoints. (My terminology: to avoid getting into
semantics).

I.e., most people will need to describe/manage/deal with sets of these
things in a coherent way. This is precisely what the concept of a
composite web service is targeted at.

If you restrict the concept of Web service to the single entrypoint
case, you `solve' one problem (what is meant by a Web service's URI for
example) but leave unanswered the larger scale issues.

Frank