WS Definition

From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:29:27 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
I just came across a definition of Web services in the documentation of
a commercial product that I think is pretty good.  It is more or less
along the lines of our current definition and at least some of the
recent discussion.  It seems to me that there may be some degree of
emerging consensus in the greater world about what the term means.  I
quote it as a point of information.

"An XML Web services is a unit of application logic providing data and
services to other applications.  Applications access XML Web services
via ubiquitous Web protocols and data formats such as HTTP, XML and
SOAP."