RE: Message Reliability Text

Correction: "defining a Binding Framework" should of course be "defining a binding".

-----Original Message-----
From: Ugo Corda
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 11:22 AM
To: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler); www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Message Reliability Text

I think we should add something in the final part about the fact that the transport choice can affect the actual implementation. Something like:

"WS-Reliability (...) and WS-ReliableMessaging (...) are example of acknowledgement infrastructure specifications that leverage the SOAP Extensibility Model. In cases where the underlying transport layer already provides reliable messaging support (e.g. a queue-based infrastructure), the same reliability Feature can be achieved in SOAP by defining a Binding Framework that relies on the underlying properties of the transport".

Ugo