Re: Discussion topic for tomorrow's call

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:17:32 +0200
To: Savas Parastatidis <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
* Savas Parastatidis <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk> [2003-04-02 23:29+0100]
> You seem to have a separate layer for XML base technology, which may
> suggest that only the messaging protocols use it. However, XML schema,
> for example, is used throughout.
>
> I would suggest that you either don't include the XML layer at all and
> talk about its use by all the layers or make it vertical, like security
> and management.

How about having an XML big box in the background? I have did a quick
hack on Mario's diagram that I have attached, and integrated my
comments from my earlier email.

One thing what I was wondering about was the place of routing: it is
messaging extension, but it also serves to aggregate services. I would
be tempted to leave it out of the picture at this point.

Regards,

Hugo

--
Hugo Haas - W3C

Stack diagram with XML box in the background
(image/png attachment: WSAdiag2.png)