RE: Discussion topic for tomorrow's call

From: Savas Parastatidis <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:29:06 +0100
To: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

Apologies for intruding into your discussion since I am just an
"observer" of the traffic in this mailing list.

I just want to make a comment about your stack diagram.

You seem to have a separate layer for XML base technology, which may
suggest that only the messaging protocols use it. However, XML schema,
for example, is used throughout.

I would suggest that you either don't include the XML layer at all and
talk about its use by all the layers or make it vertical, like security
and management.

Dr. Savas Parastatidis
Chief Software Architect, North-East Regional e-Science Centre
School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK