RE: Intermediaries - various cases

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:32:51 -0700
To: "'Mark Baker'" <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: "'www-ws-arch@w3.org'" <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

>It's a new message when it progresses any further, since the transfer
contract with the sender has been fulfilled.

But is it possible to objectively identify this transfer contract? In the
case of the pub/sub node, the sender's contract might be fulfilled by its
interaction with the pub/sub node (the pub/sub node is the ultimate
receiver). Or I could see the ultimate delivery of the message to the
subscribers as part of the sender's contract (the pub/sub node is just an
intermediary). How is this going to be determined? Is it just something in
the eye of the beholder?

>Hmm, perhaps the SOAP 1.2 spec could be clearer.

I completely agree with that.

Ugo